Wednesday 9 January 2013

Exploring the beauty shops at Westfield!

Since it opened in 2008, I have been to Westfield in Shepherd's Bush many times, but usually I am with other people so I had never had the opportunity to explore the hidden treasures of its dozens of beauty shops!

Thanks to ThePersianBabe and her Winterlicious video, I set sail for Colourcopia and its vast collection of OPI nail polishes - with a bit of saliva hanging from my lower lip, only with the thought!
I had already had a look at the floor map online, to locate said haven, so when I arrived at Westfield at approx. 5 pm this afternoon, my feet felt like they had grown wings, or rollers, as in a matter of minutes I was on the First floor and in front of my destination. Such is my addiction to anything beauty!

Entering Colourcopia I was dazzled by the 100's of OPI nail polishes, including the current German collection. Colours, beautiful and tempting colours everywhere! One of the ladies working there approached me politely, to indicate the new arrivals and, for my immense delight, the items on sale: Nicole by OPI nail laquers for £5 each - Gulp! And...YAYYY!!!

After a lot of browsing around and checking many of the colours (I must have spent a good 15 minutes picking up bottles and checking the palettes for each one and I would have stayed more, but I was embarassed...!) I decided to get these 3 stunning colours:


Kardashian Collection - Hard-Kourt Fashionista - A dark burgundy-black colour, perfect for winter
Another from the Kardashian Collection - My Empire - My Rules - A beautiful taupe colour.

And last but not least, You're An Angel - My spring/summer 2013 colour!

I admire my self-control not to buy each and every single one of them! A definite revisit is imminent next month! I have now tried all three of them and I can tell you, the formula is amazing: rich, thick and dries quite quickly.
The dark burgundy one is the colour I've been looking for - although I have a few dark red ones, this one is the darkest of them all.
I love the taupe one, as it can be perfect with just one coat.
The Angel one might need two or even three coats, but it's stunning! Can't wait to wear it in the spring! Or even sooner.

After I walked out of the Store, my tummy made a protest, so I headed to Pho for some spicy chicken noodle soup! With chopsticks in one hand and the Westfield guide on the other, I searched for my next destination - and then my chopsticks fell from my hands, because I have found an old love of mine: Inglot!

Inglot used to have a shop in the Glades, in Bromley. Many years ago I bought two nail polishes and two lipsticks, which still remain in my makeup collection. The nail polishes are in  p e r f e c t  condition! Like I bought them yesterday. No separation or fading of the colour. After a year or so Inglot closed in Bromley and I had no idea where to find that amazing brand again except for online. So today, my old love welcomed me back with a gorgeous store on the Ground floor!
I walked inside and I headed to the blushers counter and fell in love with two colours:
a vibrant pink and an intense peach. However, I opted out of buying anything, but I took a leaflet for the Freedom System, which lets you make your own palettes. Their brushes are also lovely.  Another imminent visit for next month!

Afterwars I went into The Make Up Store, and I was pleasantly surprised, as I didn't know this brand.
A lady with fuschia hair offered to help me, but I only had a look and I was very pleased with what I saw. Lovely things...

I also visited my beloved Kiko, which always has lots of bargains, and I had to restrain myself not to start filling a basket... Oh, why am I not a millionnaire?

Before leaving I went into Debenhams and had a look around Urban Decay and Bare Minerals and I was surprised to see that the place was deserted. It was after 8 pm, but the place was still open (Westfield closes at 10 pm) with not a soul around, not one Sales Associate, not one customer. I had a look at the aforementioned counters, making mental notes to come back and try the Nude Basics UD palette and the BM Finer Things palette.

One jump to Boots, to drool over Too Faced and Benefit counters and I was out the door at 9 pm...
This Aladdin's cave called Westfield has even more beauty shops, which need more exploring - so perhaps another time I can have another fun afternoon. And I assure you, you'll be the first to know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates