Monday 5 March 2012

My 10 Beauty Commandments


As I get older (and wiser) I keep finding ways to make my skin feel and look healthier.
Over the years, I've discovered ways, so easy to follow and so enjoyable that I can honestly say, I owe my healthy skin to 10 simple rules.
Here they are:
  1. Avoid the sun - If you want to get a tan during the summer, never put your face in direct sunlight. Use sunscreen, wear a hat and keep your neck up in the shade. The sun will find your face anyway and give it a healthy tan, instead of burnt flesh that will get wrinkles and premature ageing.
  2. Cleanse your skin every night - Take all the make up off, concentrate on the eye area. Use a gentle cleanser that will benefit your skin, according to your skin type. Avoid toners high in alcohol. Prefer natural ingredients, such as cucumber, aloe vera, coconut and almond oil.
  3. M-O-I-S-T-U-R-I-Z-E!!! Cannot stress this enough. If you don't wear any other creams, (like me) wear a moisturizer, preferably with SPF 15-20 (I have been advised by a cosmetologist that there is no SPF higher than 25, so don't believe everything you see) and give your skin a refresher before you put make up on (tinted moisturizers are great!) and at night. Your skin needs moisture badly!
  4. If you're younger than 30 you don't need any anti-wrinkle creams!!! Your skin is too young for heavy chemicals. Think of it as creating anti-bodies in the future: if you wear an anti-wrinkle cream from a young age, when you get a wrinkle in your 40's, it will not react to any cream - the skin will be used to them. So just cleanse thoroughly and wear your moisturizer religiously.
  5. Don't put any heavy make up from a young age. I had a friend at school, who was wearing make up since she was 12. She now looks like she's my grandmother!!! I started wearing make up in my 20's and I never had zits, spots, blackheads, NADA!
  6. Drink LOTS of water and fruit juices. Moisture needs to come from in and out.
  7. Exfoliate once a week.  I love exfoliating masks!!! Especially the peel-off ones, they remind me of 60's movies, Doris Day, my mom who used to pretend she was a ghost scaring the shit out of us, and I love peeling them off! Mrs Doubtfire, you rock!
  8. Treat yourself to a home-made spa! On my day off when I'm at home, the contact lenses come off, there isn't a trace of make up on my skin and I treat my self to a spa bath, with Eucalyptus essential oil, hair mask, exfoliating mask and my head on a bath pillow. I close my eyes and relax for 10 minutes and I feel like a new person. Music, candles and phone off the hook help as well. After doing me, I clean my make up brushes: I use my E.L.F. Brush Cleaner which smells wonderful, a cleansing wipe and baby shampoo to wash them thoroughly, I put them in Brush Guards and in a glass by the window, to catch the sunlight and dry upside down. Depending on the quality of the brush, they get as good as new. 
 9. Spend a day with no make up! Crazy heh? I know. But the skin needs breathing and with just a pinch on your cheeks and a bit of lip gloss you will feel refreshed and beautiful.
10. Most of all, HAVE FUN! Learn your face, its secrets, its pros and cons, experiment, learn things, get advice, enjoy your beauty, gorgeous!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates