Tuesday 6 March 2012

My first Glossybox! February 2012: London Fashion Week edition


Is it Christmas time? No! It's GLOSSYBOX time!!!
After a lot of deliberation, me being sceptic and stingy and analytical (and anal) I finally succumbed to the temptation and subscribed to Glossybox: a fabulous internet company that sends you luxury samples of high-end cosmetic brands for £10 a month (plus £2.95 p+p). My first box, the February, London Fashion Week edition, just arrived yesterday, but, as always, I was at work (insert outraged emoticon here).
So this morning, I couldn't wait and with just a smudge of lipstick and hair tied in a messy bun (the horror!!) I flew literally to the Post Office to collect it.
I came home also with wings in my back, opened it and OMG!!! It's like these guys have been living with me or read my blogposts in here!!!!



First of all when you subscribe they ask you to fill your beauty profile. I don't remember mentioning anywhere that I love PURPLE so much! The packaging is divine and the colours are exactly the colours I currently am obsessed with: purple, gold, pink and silvery-grey.

With too much excitement in my hands, that I dropped the box on the floor twice (classic Marietta!) I unravelled the pretty pink bow and Voilá! My first products to indulge and cherish were in front of my eyes!!

Click to enlarge

The brands are all luxury, rare brands.  I was so pleasantly surprised!!! A lavender hand sanitiser, which smells amazing, in gorgeous lavender purple,by Doctor Bronner's Magic. Only the word Magic was enough for me! Perfect for my handbag, to replace the boring, unscented pharmaceutical sanitiser that I've been carrying. And it does smell divine.

The next thing, for which a little yelp came out of my mouth was the Como Shamballa Invigorate Shower Gel with Eucaliptus, Geranium, Lavender and Pepermint essential Oils. I have been hearing the YT beauty gurus raving about this brand and I had the urge to try its products for so long. The shower gel smells like you are inside a fragrant steam room in the most luxurious spa....! I absolutely adore this feeling!!

A bigger scream came with the next product:
The Awapuhi Wild Ginger styling treatment oil by Paul Mitchell . I've been wanting to get Paul Mitchell products for my hair, plus a good treatment oil for a very long time. So I got both said desires fulfilled in this amazing little bottle. I have tried it on my hair and you only need to put a couple of pumps on your hand, as it's quite rich and then massage it on the ends of your hair (NEVER on the roots) for a shiny result!

I then looked at the little box from Becca, yet another brand that I wanted to try, after listening to the youtubers: the Beach-Tint in Watermelon. Suffice to say, I put it on my lips and I have been transported back to Greece, in the summer, eating watermelons in the afternoon. This will be great for my holidays, for a bit of cheek and lip colour on the beach! Can't wait!!!


Finally, and this is where the big Aaaaaaah! comes, a fantastic, amazing, stupendous, brilliant Pure Mineral eye shadow from BM Beauty in, yes, you guessed it, PURPLE!!! So I swatched it on my hand, only to discover this is the colour I WAS LOOKING FOR! I was in Superdrug just yesterday looking at Barry M's Dazzle Dusts, mumbling to myself  "I haven't got a purple one". But something stopped me from buying it, call it instinct or pure luck as my train was leaving and I was in a hurry and boy, didn't that hesitation pay off!! The one I got in my Glossybox is the same size as the Barry M one and the colour is even prettier! So happy!

And that's it for the February box! I will surely enjoy using these products and I can't wait for the March edition, which will be the Harrods edition, posted on the 9th of March, according to the website.
If you want, you still have time to subscribe, because I believe from all the hype for the Harrods box is going to sell out, So hurry if you don't want to miss it. Better yet, message me your email address, so I can send you a link to subscribe and I will get Glossydots, which means a free box for moi!

Stay glossy!
xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates