Monday 9 January 2012

Lash Life

As I was saying in my previous post, I was going to try making a video while wearing false eyelashes.
And I did.

Oh, my God! It was much easier than I thought. I had these lashes in my make up bag for ages. Every time I was looking for something else, there they were and I didn't know if I was ever going to wear them.
But today, since I had time to kill, I decided to tidy up my make up bag and here they were, right in front of me, inviting me to try them on.

These are the 110 Demi Black eyelashes by Ardell and I had chosen them because, albeit bigger than I desired, they are not as big as others on the market.


I put my make up on (I managed to do the perfect winged line above my eye - don't ask me how) and then with trembling hands I held my twizzers and took the first falsie out of its case.

PROS: I found it very easy to apply the glue and then I put the strip on top of my lash line. It was on firmly instantly! I put the other one and looked in the mirror. They compemented my eyes a lot and didn't bother my eye sight at all - so much so that at one point I thought that they had fallen off. I wanted to wear them forever!  After I recorded a (failed due to bad lighting) video, it was very easy to take them off and store them back in their case.

CONS: They don't cover the whole of my eye - maybe my eyes aren't too small after all - and they might need a little trim so they are not that long.

Other than that, I had fun wearing them and when I watched the video I made (and will delete soon) I noticed that when I bowed my head, or closed my eyes, they looked amazing.  But even when my eyes were open, they looked luscious and beautiful.

So I'm in the lookout for some more styles - maybe I should get the half ones from Benefit, just for the corner of the eye, or at least try them somehow - and experiment more with more looks.

By the way, I have to make sure that I record the videos in daylight. No matter how much light I had on while shooting, the video came out very dark. Darn!

Off to my beauty sleep! Good night and have a great week.
<3
M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates