Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 Is Here!

Big Ben at 00:00 am, 1st January 2012


Happy New Year to whoever reads this! I know it's a new blog and with probably 0 traffic, but I have big plans for it in the coming year!

So what are your New Year's resolutions? Beauty-wise I mean...
Would you like to read mine?  Well, I'll post them anyway:
  • Wear make up every day, even if it's only a couple of strokes on the eyes and cheeks if I don't have time.
  • Change my hair colour to a lighter shade (bought the dye already..!)
  • Tidy my dressing table with boxes and get some lights around the mirror.
  • Try to start making videos (see below about this)
  • Complete my make up brush collection
  • Make sure I wash my brushes after I use them - olive oil and baby shampoo do the trick!
  • Subscribe to more Beauty blogs and YouTube channels to be updated and inspired
  • Get a makeover at a make up counter (I've never done this!) to get proper advice about my skin tone and complexion
  • Write on this blog and develop it with videos and advice I pick on the way.
  • Experiment more with different looks and have fun!!
Today I had such fun trying to make my first video. I was just checking if I can make it and I spent about an hour trying to get the best lighting and position for the camera in my room. The day was quite dark and I was trying to light my face but it was coming up as yellow on the camera, until I remembered that photographers use black or white umbrellas to change the colour of the lighting. I put a black umbrella in front of the spotlight and voilá: I had the perfect lighting.

With lighting sorted I recorded a mock make up "tutorial" for silver & purple smokey eyes and it was such fun doing it, I will definitely try again. This one was quite amateurish so I am going to watch it a couple of times to take notes and make a better one at some point.  I have a very good Sony camcorder, but the very big problem is that my laptop with Windows Vista does not recognise it so I can't edit the film or upload it.
I also have a webcam but this means I will have to bring my laptop to my room and when I tried to record once it records a loud buzzing noise, so I will see how I will do this!

So that's it for the first day of 2012! I hope the year is as good as it promises, with the Olympics coming in London and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.....

I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL New Year!
<3 M

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates